10 July 2018

And we are off on an adventure

It has been awhile since I used this blog, but I decided to dust it off for our latest adventure - a Grand European tour (of a sort), for the next three weeks. This will be the longest trip Phil and I have done together - three weeks. I actually have felt really guilty when I tell people how long the trip is, like I should be qualifying the length by also mentioning that we didn't go anywhere last summer, or during February vacation, or during April vacation...so this is meant to make up for it.

I'm currently avoiding packing, much to the chagrin of Phil, who is hoping I finish at least an hour before we leave the for airport. I'm not sure what it is when it comes to packing; I obviously want to go on this trip, and in order to do that, packing needs to happen, yet it is the one thing I always put off doing. We are packing light, since we will be on and off trains and planes, so we are planning on doing something I have never done before on a trip: laundry. That should be interesting.

Here is our itinerary:

Tues July 10 - depart Boston, 9:40pm
Wed July 11 - arrive London, 9:10am
Thurs July 12 - London
Fri July 13 - London
Sat July 14 - London
Sun July 15 - London to Paris, Eurostar
Mon July 16 - Paris
Tues July 17 - Paris
Wed July 18 - Paris
Thurs July 19 - Paris to Munich, Train
Fri July 20 - Munich
Sat July 21 - Munich
Sun July 22 - Munich
Mon July 23 - Munich to Glasgow
Tues July 24 - Glasgow
Wed July 25 - Glasgow to Barra
Thurs July 26 - Barra
Fri July 27 - Barra
Sat July 28 - Barra to Glasgow
Sun July 29 - Glasgow to Wirral
Mon July 30 - Wirral
Tues July 31 - Wirral
Wed Aug 1 - Wirral
Thurs Aug 2 - Wirral
Fri Aug 3 - Train to London, fly home

We put it together with one place we each really wanted to see (me, London; Phil, Munich), one place we both wanted to go back to (Paris), a visit with Phil's family (Wirral), and then Scotland by my special request.

Off to wrap up that packing now...

No comments:

Post a Comment